Friday, August 6, 2010

By way of introduction

I suppose the best way to begin would be to act as though I know what I'm doing and just write.  Who reads this stuff anyway?  ....my wife?  Sherece said she would, so, you'd better be...
To the delight of my children (and often the exasperation of my wife) I use humor to cope with difficult nearly every situation. The hardest thing with that is knowing when to laugh at the hilarious antics of our three children...not so much in the times when laughing would be detrimental (you know, like in the middle of church)--stifling a laugh is much easier than allowing a laugh when you're otherwise out of sorts.
 Something about being a parent brings out the authoritarian in the most easy-going of us, and all of a sudden it's so easy to hang on to frustration.  Not only that, we meet the slightest offering of peace with stoic unforgiving....aside from making restitution more difficult, we also return hurt for hurt with the tender feelings of our children.  Something that has helped me stop the madness before doing more damage is the realization that in many cases, these fledgling human beings don't know any better while I, in every case, do.  So, I try to let the laughs come when warranted. Hopefully, my epistolary endeavors help others to do the same.

3 comments:

  1. love your blog. Your a great writer and cute to:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I added this blog to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Matt, when are you going to get writing again...... I really miss your words of wisdom ;o)

    ReplyDelete

My Word as a Dad

  • Obi-bobby-kenobi: how I wish Aaron had never figured out the correct pronunciation of the name of his favourite Jedi
  • Pocsiple: the correct pronunciation of this delicious frozen treat eludes many a toddler--this is Annie's version

Christmas 2011

Stationery card
View the entire collection of cards.